Cape town is said to have four seasons – often in one day !
- October to March
- Mediterranean climate with little rain
- 11 hours or more of sunshine a day
- During windy weather shelter on Camps Bay or Clifton Beaches (ie the Atlantic coast). Mornings are less windy
- South African summer school holidays – Mid December until mid January.
- Temperatures – Approximately 15 to 27°C (60 – 80°F)
Spring and Autumn
- April – May and August - September
- Sensible times to visit Cape Town – balmy weather and smaller crowds
- Flower admiring – August – September
- Whale watching – June – November
- See the vineyards at their best.
- Not as windy or as hot
- Average maximum temperature – 21°C (70°F)
- June and July
- Known as the ‘secret’ or ‘Green’ Season.
- Perfect temperate days between days that may be rainy or windy.
- Temperatures – approximately 7 – 20°C (45 – 70°F)